Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Rising Stars: Juliet Simms and Tony Lucca

I feel like a traitor for what I'm about to say (since I'm one of American Idol's greatest supporters), but I have to admit it: I am in love with The Voice.

This sure wasn't the case last year, when I struggled to keep up with its inaugural season due to lack of interest in any of the contestants. However, this year, on the first night of Season 2, I found myself intrigued by two voices - Juliet Simms and Tony Lucca.


Any lady who can belt out "Oh! Darling" by the Beatles is a winner in my books. That list includes Sara Bareilles, Florence + the Machine, Katelyn Epperly and Haley Reinhart from Idol, and now, Juliet Simms from The Voice. As soon as she started singing "Oh darling, please believe me..." with that gravelly rasp of hers, I was sold. For years, I have been waiting for a rocker girl to win one of these singing competitions, and I think Juliet has some serious potential.


Former Disney Mouseketeer Tony Lucca (yes, he does know Christina Aguilera - they were in the Mickey Mouse Club together!) auditioned with Ray LaMontagne's "Trouble" and successfully got all four judges to turn their chairs around. His cool acoustic-soul-folk vibe is very enthralling, and I know for a fact that I would listen to his music because I am already familiar with some of his original songs!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous6:36 PM

    Juliette Sims gives me chills every song she has sung...I hope she wins it all and if not she's won me over and she'sone very talented preformer... A Connecticut Yankee in Detroit

    ReplyDelete