Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Volunteering


At the end of this week, I will have completed my Co-op work term with SFU Volunteer Services. Throughout these eight months, I have acquired many new skills (in the areas of Event Planning, Design, Social Media, Marketing, etc) and discovered a lot about myself, as a worker, as a student, as a team player, as a leader, and as an individual. Concepts such as chaos theory, happenstances, making mistakes, and the fact that 'there is no plan' have significantly changed the way I think about careers and life in general. Perhaps the most important lesson that I've learned through Co-op is to embrace your unique qualities and try new things with an open mind and optimistic attitude, because you never know where life will take you next!

Volunteer. Lead. Do Something. Make a Difference. Change the World. YOU CAN.

"Volunteering allows us to build something we believe in." - Milton Wing

No comments:

Post a Comment