Thursday, January 06, 2011

Look At The Stars, Look How They Shine For You

Capricorn Mantra for 2011: "I am happiest using my power to benefit others."

Every year before my birthday, I check Georgia Nicols' Astrology Charts to see what the stars foretell about my destiny over the next twelve months. It's not as if I rely heavily on horoscopes to map out my future or to base my decision-making upon, but it's nice to have some outside guidance on what some of my priorities for the new year could be (and its always cool when you can point out any similarities and coincidences between you and your horoscope readings). It helps that my zodiac sign, Capricorn, is a perfect representation of my personality. Like the Goat, I am considered to be hard-working, loyal, reliable, resourceful, economical, fearless and honourable. I deserve and demand respect. Though well-known for being serious and conservative in nature, I can also be whimsical (hello, mood swings!) and goofy.

Since Pluto, the planet of recycling and rejuvenation, is in Capricorn, 2011 is the year to let go of what is no longer necessary in my life. I've already started this decluttering project through the processes of transferring saved files from my old hard drive to my new laptop, being more practical and cautious with new purchases, and reorganizing parts of my room. I think it's equally important to focus attention on what is necessary in my life, so I hope to accomplish this by maintaining close relationships with the ones who matter most - family and friends. :)

Capricorns will have more opportunities to improve themselves than any other sign because Pluto wants to refinish, refurbish, restore, recover and renew. This general act of renewal can apply to the body, the mind, the soul, anything. Pluto is also connected with reform. We are encouraged to use its power not for solely personal benefit (through which the selfish individual will have less to gain), but for the benefit others as well as ourselves. I can see where this idea is leading to - compassionate philanthropy. One of my goals for 2011 is to take a more active role in charity and volunteerism. I am determined to find a cause I feel strongly about and devote my services to helping those in need.

On the career front, 2011 is proclaimed to be the culmination year that I've been working my tailfeather off for several years. According to Nicols, "for the next five years, [The Capricorn's] life will unfold in a successful way. You'll get the recognition you deserve." As a result, my newfound success will apparently make me more attractive to others. After the summer of 2011, new people will be intrigued and impressed by me, and my prospects for new love and romance will heat up. My chance of meeting someone new and exciting will be better than it's been for 12 years. Haha. I'll believe that when it happens! Finally, the latter part of 2011 and beyond will be an ideal time to book a well-deserved vacation. Could a trip to The Wizarding World of Harry Potter be in my immediate future?

And though this doesn't apply directly to me since I'm not yet at this stage of my life, I thought this would be interesting to mention for all of the other Capricorns out there: 2011 is also a good time for Capricorns to invest in real estate and expand the family unit through marriage and birth.

"Life's most urgent question is: What are you doing for others?" - Martin Luther King, Jr.


Image Credit: "Capricorn" by Josephine Wall

No comments:

Post a Comment