Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012


I found this quote on Tumblr and immediately deemed it to be the greatest GPOY (internet lingo for ‘this is an accurate representation of who I am‘) of all GPOYs. From the moment I groggily wake up in the morning to the time I drift off into la-la-land at night, my brain is bursting with activity. But by the time I bring myself to sit down and try to translate these thoughts and observations into written form, those ideas have either been altered (due to the time lapse), or even worse, lost, never to be retrieved again.

It pains me to know that I’ve let so many potential blog topics fall to the wayside due to my tendency of procrastinating on initiatives that will help me develop as a writer. I have been placing my passions for writing and photography to the wayside for too long, and I will have no more of that!

In 2012, I will resolve to a) write more and b) photograph more. I will publish a blog every day on WordPress and write daily entries in my paper journal. I have also challenged myself to participate in a 366 Days Photo Challenge. I believe that these projects will strengthen my skills in writing and photography, as well as help me to discover more about myself and the world around me and motivate me to go and live life!

If 2011 was the year for personal growth, then 2012 will be the year for grand adventures!

- Elizabeth Rosalyn

No comments:

Post a Comment