Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The Beauty of Failure


Failure sucks. When you are informed that you have fallen short of reaching your goals, you cannot help but feel the tremendous blow to your confidence and self-worth. As the antithesis of success, failure is a condition that we strive to avoid in all of our efforts. But by doing this, we may miss the beauty of failure.

Failure is beautiful? Say what?


It's inevitable that in everything we pursue in life, we are bound to meet a bunch of trials along the way. That is just something that cannot be prevented. As desirable as smooth sailing may be, without the ups and downs of life, how would we encounter great adventure? We wouldn't! Because of those bumps on the road, you will eventually uncover treasure in the forms of knowledge and opportunity. How else would we improve our skills, grow as individuals, expand our mindsets, AND be introduced to incredible experiences if it wasn't for the challenges brought by failure?

Failure is the ultimate test of your inner strength, patience, and faith.


I failed my road test not once, but twice. I have spent a considerable amount of time sulking over the past month, but I realized that it's not an effective use of my time to continue burying myself in shame and self-pity. Instead, I have chosen to remind myself of what I'm talented at (writing, music) and challenge myself to keep working hard to eventually add driving to my skill set. I will take the constructive criticism I received to build upon what I'm good at and become even greater. The day that I am able to prove myself as a licensed driver will be a beautiful day indeed, because it will be a product of my unyielding perseverance!

Next time, when you come face to face with failure, don't fear it...embrace it.

Find the beauty in failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment